This week's guest is women's fiction author Victoria Marshal, who is here to talk about her new book, Bookended by Beauty Queens. But she also dishes about her addictions to coffee, knuckle cracking and DVRs.
Victoria, the blog is yours...
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- Favorite beverage: Venti Starbuck’s Caramel Macchiato. I am addicted to them. 9-billion calories and all.
- One habit you just can’t break: Cracking my knuckles. It’s so disgusting, but I do it unconsciously.
- Do you sing in the shower: No, it’s the only chance I have for quiet anymore, so I don’t want to wreck it with my off-key singing.
- Do you dream in color: Absolutely! Loads and loads of bright, vivid colors.
- TV shows on DVR? Yep, I don’t have time for commercials anymore. I zip through them save myself 20 minutes here and there.
- What is your reoccurring dream? I don’t really remember my dreams. Except those pee dreams that wake me up.
- Shoes or purses? BOTH! My closet looks like I’m running an accessories store. They are the only things I can buy and know they will always fit just right. And they never make me look fat (unless your person is too small, but that’s just a theory).
- Favorite ways to spend a rainy day? Reading. That’s so lame for a writer to say, but it’s been that way since I was a kid. I love cold rainy days curled up on my couch with a book.
Using these four words, write a sentence: Damage. Over. Spider Monkey. Torching.
John stepped over the damage and saw the Spider Monkey torching the room.
Feel free to give us a teaser about your new book and information where to find you online.
Angie Palmer likes her life just the way it is–private. She has no desire to entangle herself in complex friendships, and her relationship with her two beauty queen sisters is safely distant.
Unfortunately, life doesn’t always go as planned.
When disaster strikes her grandmother, Angie takes her into her home. A life with Grandma comes a world full of changes, and new friends, including Val, a drag queen with hopes of being the next US-Gay Beauty Pageant winner. Angie is determined to keep Val at a distance. Val has an instinct for knowing what is in Angie heart..
Just as Angie gets comfortable with Grandma living with her, a budding friendship with Val, and a new romantic interest, everything takes an unexpected turn.
Val becomes the victim of a violent crime and ends up in a coma. Angie begins a struggle against Val’s family who wants to remove their son from life support.
Suddenly her private life becomes very public, and her world becomes a media circus. Angie is caught in a clash between religious beliefs and gay rights.
Her life and Val’s are threatened by religious extremists, and her relationship is strained, as her life spirals out of control around her.
Through many twists and turns, Angie discovers a new appreciation for family, friends, and love.
In the end, Angie learns that a life filled with people to care about is never too crowded.
Friday Five...Three...One... is a chance for guest bloggers to share a bit about themselves in a fun format of Five Facts, Three Questions and One Sentence. If you'd like to be a guest on Friday Five, Three, One drop me an email. Put 'Friday Five' in the subject line.