Fridays may be murder for many of us, but for today's guest on Friday Frive...Three...One... it's just another day in front of the computer. Stacy Verdick Case is here to talk about herself, her underwear and her new book, A Grand Murder.Five Fun Facts:
- Favorite word: Integrity--it applies to so many aspects of life
- First thing you do in the morning: Make coffee--without it, I'm not human
- Favorite song to dance to: Telephone by Lady Gaga and Beyonce--can't resist it
- What constitutes a crime against nature: Skinny jeans
- Favorite destination: Home--cheesy but true. No matter where I go, I can't wait to get home.
- What book is on your nightstand? Web Thinking by Dr. Linda Seger. I've read it before but it's worth reading more than once.
- What would your mother say about today's underwear choice? She wouldn't say a thing.
- What scares you most? Spiders and zombies are equal in my scary world.
Using these four words, write a sentence: Mummy. Lights. Cold. Rain.
"The lights sparked out from the cold rain, obscuring my view of the mummy."
Feel free to give us a teaser about your new book and information where to find you online.
You can find me at:
- twitter @SVerdickCase.
Once again, we were in attendance at Stanley and Forster. After all the time we’d spent here in the last couple days, I was as comfortable in this office as I was in my own.
Even the ghost—pallid receptionist began to warm up a little. She greeted us with a smile.
"Who do you need this time?”
“Philip Carter,” I said.
“You got it.”
She punched some keys, and then said into her headset. “Mr. Carter, the cops are here for you.”
By how fast the call ended, Philip Carter didn’t seem particularly surprised to hear that there were police waiting to see him. I think I might have asked what they wanted.
“Have a seat,” she said. “He’ll be down to see you in just a minute.”
She retrieved a tube of lipstick from her purse and made fish faces in a compact mirror as she applied the diva—pink lipstick. Part of me wanted to know how much she got paid.
The waiting room was full of people who were now watching Louise and me like we’d just dropped our pants and peed on the floor. Cops are nobody’s friends until you need one.
Friday Five...Three...One... is an opportunity for guest bloggers to share a bit about themselves in a fun format of Five Facts, Three Questions and One Sentence. If you'd like to be a guest on Friday Five, Three, One drop me an email.