Today's guest on Friday Five is Kendra James, who is talking about her book When Hearts Collide from Soulmate Publishing.
FIVE FUN FACTS
- Favorite beverage: Green tea latte with soy milk from Starbucks
- One habit you just can’t break: Buying books.
- Do you sing in the shower: Of course. I love Chris de Burg, especially Lady in Red, but last summer I got hooked on John Denver.
- Do you dream in color: Yes. Too bad I couldn’t remember them long enough to write them down.
- TV shows on DVR: I love to write mystery so I like the drama channels, Criminal Minds, NCIS, especially NCIS Los Angeles. Gifted Man and Revenge are great new shows. But if the figure skating is on, I have to watch that.
- What is your reoccurring dream? Winning the lottery and taking a limousine to Toronto to pick up my winnings. Oops, that’s a fantasy. I do keep trying to dream it, or my books being on the best seller list.
- Shoes or purses? I usually stick to one purse in the season but I have lots of shoes, especially sandals. Here in London, Ontario, we get a lot of snow. It’s snowing as I write this. But once the snow is gone, I am in sandals until it comes back the next year. I do have one pair of black leather boots that are like slippers and those are the ones my feet now (although I have had them more years than I want to count).
- Favorite ways to spend a rainy day? Curled up with a good book, my computer on my lap, and a large mug of hot chocolate beside me.
Using these four words, write a sentence: Mini. Woo-hoo. Douglas. Resort.
"Mini woo-hoo, I got a chachinger on my book, When Hearts Collide, on Amazon and might invite my nephew Douglas and niece Laura to go to a resort with me."
Feel free to give us a teaser about your new book and information where to find you online.
WHEN HEARTS COLLIDE
Molly Tanner, unjustly suspended from her nursing position, is choosing flight over fight. Driving along a lonely, twisting highway, Molly misses a deer, but the oncoming car is not so lucky. She rushes to aid the injured motorist. Slumped over the steering wheel, he is not moving but Molly hears the cry of a child coming from the backseat.
Smelling gas and afraid of the car exploding, Molly pulls the driver and child to safety. Semi-conscious, Pearce beseeches her to pretend to be his wife so his daughter won’t go into foster care again. Remembering her own life in the system, she agrees. But while caring for Gracie, and her father, she finds she’s in danger of losing her heart to both of them.
"...A captivating tale, When Hearts Collide, will keep you entertained from start to finish. Endearing characters, you won't forget and a solid plot, with a few unexpected twists to keep you guessing, rounds out this sensual story of love, trust and new beginnings..."
-- Barbara Babbage
Friday Five...Three...One... is a chance for guest bloggers to share a bit about themselves in a fun format of Five Facts, Three Questions and One Sentence. If you'd like to be a guest on Friday Five, Three, One drop me an email. Put 'Friday Five' in the subject line.